posted by admin
This can serve as a cheat sheet.
- Changing a folder’s permissions from “public” to “private” or vice versa may negatively impact the permissions of all lists within that folder. It is usually better to keep the folder public, and make the lists private. Do NOT change folder permissions unless you are prepared to reset all permissions for every list within a folder!
- If you ever want to delete a field from a list – make SURE that you do NOT “delete from everywhere”!!! Delete it ONLY from the list! When doubt, talk to an admin, or just “hide” the column. DELETING A FIELD/COLUMN FROM “EVERYWHERE” (not just the current list) CAN SERIOUSLY AND IRREVERSABLY DESTROY OUR DATA!!!!
- Whenever adding a person to a list, make SURE the following is set appropriately!
- Member or Guest – It may DEFAULT to member! SELECT “GUEST” FOR CLIENTS!!!
- Permissions: It may DEFAULT to “full”! SELECT “VIEW ONLY” FOR CLIENTS!!!
- Remember that we have a field glossary within ClickUp that helps to define what fields are and how they are used.