It is very important as you go through the recruiting process to remember the importance of finding qualified and quality healthcare professionals. These prospects have extremely important jobs to fill. It is your responsibility to make sure that the patients in the client facilities are well cared for. It really could be the difference between life and death.
So… how do you qualify a prospect? Lots and lots of good questions!
Specifically, ask open-ended questions. Open-ended questions are questions that can’t just be answered with “yes” or “no” responses.
Here are just a few examples:
- How did you hear about our company?
- What is important to you in an agency and a recruiter?
- Why are you interested in traveling?
- How long have you been in your profession?
- Which specialties are you comfortable with?
- What is your comfort level with different patient populations?
- What other departments are you able to float to?
- How do you feel about working days and nights?
- What bed size and patient ratios are you used to?
- What certifications and state licensure do you hold?
- Have you traveled before? If yes,
- How was your experience?
- Who did you travel with?
- What did you like best about them?
- What do you wish were different with them?
- Why aren’t you traveling with them now?
- When are you looking to start an assignment?
- Do you need to give notice?
- What are your geographical preferences? And why?
- Are you traveling alone?
- What are your compensation expectations?
- What benefits are important to you?
- What other agencies are you working with or talking to?
- What is your preferred method of communication? Text, email, call?
- How will you be getting to your assignments?
- Do you have reliable transportation?
- What do you know about traveling?
- What questions do you have for me?